Friday, August 2, 2013

A Schloar?

   Today I'm going to respond to the claims made by Reza Aslan. He claims that he studied the New Testament & has a PhD in religion. Here is his first interview with Lauren Green.  http://www.mediaite.com/tv/muslim-author-reza-aslan-i-knew-what-i-was-getting-into-by-going-on-fox-news/
   Here is a response by Matthew J. Frank about his credentials: http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2013/07/29/scholarly-misrepresentation/
    Now here is Raza's second interview making more claims saying Jesus never claimed He was the Messiah & that Rome went after Jesus. Check this out: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/07/30/piers-morgan-promotes-reza-aslans-controversial-book-jesus-mocks-fox-new
    Ok 1st I will respond to Reza's claim that Rome was after Jesus for being a rebel rosier. According to the Bible that's not true. Here I'll show in the Bible that it was the Jews who went after Jesus.
     In John 18:3 nv it says: Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops & officers from the chief priests, & Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, & weapons. Now this is how Rome responded in John 18: 29, 38,39, & 40 nv: Pilate then went out to them & said, "What accusation do you bring to this man?" Pilate said to Him, "What is the truth?" And when he said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them, "I find no fault in Him at all."
    "But you have a custom that should someone to you at the Passover. Do you therefore want me to release to you the King of the Jews?" Then they all cried again, saying, Not this Man, but Barabbas!" Now Barabbas was a robber. So you see here for that it wasn't Rome who was after Jesus. They went along with the leaders of the Jews to keep them calm, not caring one way or the other.
      Now to address the assertion that Jesus never claimed to be the Messiah. This is the same as Immanuel which when translated means, "God with us." There are many versus in the Bible where Jesus said that. Here are just a few.
    Now Jesus is talking to a woman by a well. In John 4: 24, 25 & 26 nv: "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit & truth." The woman said to him, "I know that Messiah is coming (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will tell us all things." (The word Christ is Greek for Messiah folks). Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you you am He."
    In John 10: 28, 29 & 30 nv: "And I give them eternal life, & they should never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has giving them to Me, is greater than all; & no one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand." "I and My Father are one." And in John 12: 44, 45, & 46 nv He says: Then Jesus cried out & said, "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent me. And he sees Me sees He who sent Me. I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness." And in John 10: 36 nv: "Do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified & sent into world, "You are blaspheming, because I said, "I am the Son of God?"
       So these are just some of the quotes I've found that prove Aslan's assertions to be false. I do not believe he is a scholar of Christianity & I say that all of his opinions are a Muslim point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment