Tuesday, August 6, 2013

You Can't Take It With You

     This is a story about a man who worked very hard & accumulated a lot of money. He kept track of every penny, some would call him a miser. He lived very well. When he became very old he was concerned about that money, for he loved his money very much. He was married to a devout Christian woman whom he trusted. He asked her if she could put all of his money in his casket when he died. She told him she would.
   Finally that day came & there was a showing & a funeral. His body was well dressed & even had an expensive watch on his wrist. When his casket was about to be closed his wife stopped them. She put in a rectangular piece of paper in it & then it was closed. Her friends asked, "Surely you didn't put all the money in his casket like he asked?" She replied, "I am a Christian woman & I keep my word, so, yes, I did!" They then said, "How? We didn't see anything." She responded, " After he died I put all of his money in my checking account & wrote a check for the entire amount. I just now put that in his casket!"

No comments:

Post a Comment